- Finished and play tested bassoon reed
- Play tested to play at A440
- Balanced crow, responsive, flexible and refined tone
- The student reed has a spine similar to that of the professional reed but is overall thinner and easier to play. The result is a lighter, easier reed that can be overpowered by and more experienced player with stronger air support
- Made with a Fox #2 shape
- New reeds will need extra soaking time, up to 5 or 10 minutes
- If reed is too open, or requires too much air, squeeze the first wire (closest to tip) gently to close the tip opening, thereby making the reed effectively softer. Squeezing in the opposite direction will have the reverse effect.
Student Bassoon Reed